Friday, November 19, 2010

Countryside Here I come...again!

Tomorrow, 6:00AM I will be leaving for Deren Soum, in Dund Govi Aimag. It's about 300 KM south of UB, so hopefully less than a bumpy 6 hour drive.

At this point I am questioning if the drive is worth the short time I will be staying there, especially since my page paper is not writing itself. But I will finally do the field observations necessary to pull everything that I have been doing together.

I am still deciding if I will bring my own Morin Khuur with me, but I'll save that until the last minute.

I will travel with a translator, and the woman and man that I am staying with. They are visiting family in UB right now, and after I met with them I said I would arrange transportation if I could stay with them and observe the morin khuur in their home.

Never think that's a fair trade before considering the presence of roads. But it is what it is, and I am excited to be leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment