Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in UB

The trip was worth the 5 hour drive and quick turn around time.

I went to the Gobi Desert...again. But this time it was covered in snow.

And this changed everything.

I learned, painfully, the song "The Weaping Camel" from a very interesting character who words cannot begin to describe. This is a morin khuur (horse headed fiddle) song that immitates the footsteps of a camel rather than a horse. And because the camel rivals the horse in importance in the Gobi, this makes sense (and its own section in my research). I think if I tried to begin to describe him it would start with his hat, but I took a picture of it, so I'll save my thousand words it would equal for the other things I would like to write.

Like, for example, my final paper and my Independent Study Project paper.

As always, I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment